Powered By Blogger
Welcome to my Stream of Thoughts!
The Alter of Mine...

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Experiences at a Company during the OJT


First day high!I can’t believe "company" opened its doors to Ralph and I. I’m very excited what kind of training will be waiting for us. Also, I’m looking forward to meet some of the talents and get pictures with them.
The day was “High”, as in high pressure because at the very first day the atmosphere was very demanding. Demanding, because we worked as if we know already what to do and how to operate things. Multi-tasking is a necessity since were only two interns attending the five sub-departments in the Human Resources. We learned things along the way so committing mistakes are inevitable. With these, I can’t believe I’ll grow anxious about committing mistakes and dealing with our supervisors. But I can’t deny that how patient and understanding Ma’am Jade, Ma’am Jenny, and Ma’am Wena dealing with us newbies. I felt I was stretched out from a calm disposition at the clinical setting. Adjustment period it is.
Today, we learned a lot of things like receive, pick-up and transfer calls, how to use paper shredders, fax and to operate a Xerox machine. Whew! I felt I so dumb today! We sorted slips of overtime, whereabouts, and changes of schedule of departments Administration, Engineering and Merchandizing. Ralph and I route letters, stamped and receive copies, and encoded job descriptions.
Still same as when we were at NCMH, Ralph and I aspired to be the “EMPLOYEES OF THE YEAR”. I just hope to finish my internship at the right time with the schedule given to me…

No comments:

Post a Comment